Monday, August 6, 2007

oh, ebay

So somehow a friend of mine got me to start searching for trombones on Ebay, just to see what horrors I could find.

And this is a thing of beauty.

I quoted some of my favorite parts. The amazing use of capitalization is courtesy of the seller.







The Schill Trombone is a favorite of many Band Instructors at much higher prices than ours.

This is the GENUINE Top of the line and NOT a Cheap Imitation of the Schill! It Has the Model and Serial Number!

It has an Absolutely Tremendous Sound!

(this is my favorite part)

Why spend several hundred more on a *used* Conn when we are starting this Authentic NEW, Schill 2007 Patriot Model Red, White and Blue for such a LOW price RIGHT NOW?

It doesn't make sense, does it?


...


No. No, it doesn't make sense at all.

Which begs the question... just how many cheap, imitation Schills are on the market today? I really want to know.





Here's another gem...

What better gift for the Trombone Lover in your life???
Their very own Doctorate of Trombones...




Now's your chance to obtain this authentic looking degree to document your incredible skills in the specialty of YOUR choice.





But really, are my actual degrees really worth more than this (other than being more expensive)? I especially love that they've used a Conn alto as the background picture.

...

...

Yeah, I don't know either.

No comments: