Monday, February 18, 2008

sometimes it's a stereotype because it's true

So, as one of my friends may have mentioned, there's this website out there called Ravelry. It's sort of like Facebook for knitting and crochet, and I've been wasting a lot of time there lately. However, I have been knitting more because of it, so it counts as being productive.

(shut up it does too)

Like Facebook, people can form their own groups with different themes. While there are no trombone-related groups (shocking, that), I did stumble across a group geared toward french horn players that knit. It's basically exactly what I would have imagined such a group to be, especially if you browse through the group discussion threads.

"What effect would wearing fingerless gloves while playing have on my sound? Would it make the horn flat?"

"How would a knitted hand guard affect the tone quality? How would it compare to a leather/vinyl one?"

I love you guys. I really really do.

No comments: